Employment FAQ (5 Entries)
1. Woolwich Township is not presently hiring but I would like to send an application anyway
2. Job Opportunities
3. What is a certification?
The State of New Jersey issues certifications for numerous municipal positions (ie: Township Clerk, Tax Collector, Tax Assessor, Code Officials, Finance Officers etc.) upon the successful completion of classes and the passage of a state certification examination.
- While applicants for positions requiring a state certification may have a better chance at being hired, applicants may be hired based upon a requirement to become certified in the position within a specified time frame.
4. Who does the actual hiring?
While the Township receives many applications when positions are available, applications are screened and those determined to be most qualified are called for an interviews. Interviews may be held by the Township Administrator and/or member(s) of the Township Committee. In some cases, interviews are conducted by the entire governing body. The hiring department head may also be asked to sit on during the interview process.
- Decisions as to hiring are made by a vote of the Township Committee based upon the recommednations made after the interview process has been completed.
5. Does Woolwich Township require residency when hiring new employees?
Last Employment FAQ Update: March 15, 2007.